Question Keyboard acts like its stuck during gaming sessions

Sep 8, 2024
I have this problem with my computer. This computer is only 2 months old, so I dont think it is a hardware issue.
When I have gaming sessions, occasionally my keyboard kind of bugs out, and acts like the key is stuck when I have since let go of it. The glitch only stops if I press said key again. This is happening with the W, A, S and D keys, and also the modifier keys.
This issue is really annoying, as it causes me to lose tons of progress in parkour games. I have noticed the issue happens only when I get a minor fps drop (between 75-55) but I want this problem gone. It has been happening ever since I got this computer. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
(Just ask for more detail on the issue)

Reposted from Microsoft Support Forum

Sep 8, 2024
include complete system specs with make & model of ALL components
Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4120 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz
4.00 GB (3.82 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
HP Laptop 14-dq0052x

I know the specs are abysmal, but It gets me enough FPS on the game I play to be playable. (60-80)

is there any base HP control software that is, or is supposed to be, installed
for keyboard customization, etc?

computer is only 2 months old...
Celeron N4120
how is it only 2 months old with a ~5 year old processor?

was it buried in a warehouse somewhere all this time,
bought used/refurbished,
just gifted to you by someone who actually owned it for 4+ years, etc?
I want this problem gone. It has been happening ever since I got this computer.
i would do a fresh install of the OS
and then install any available HP software(updates, drivers, etc), if it's even supported by HP anymore and there is still a support/downloads page available.

sounds like a hardware issue, but could be corruption of the included software/drivers.