Question Keyboard key is pressed down then stops and starts going again

Gavin24

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
my keyboard does as says in the title. the same keyboard works fine on a different pc and other keyboards also work fine on this pc. the issue's been going on for a couple of weeks. i have tried reloading the drivers, downgrading my version of windows 10, checked the usb ports and connectors, checked the actual hardware of the keyboard and leaving it alone for a bit. please help me.

i tested the keyboard in the BIOS and it seems to be happening there as well so i suspect its a bios problem.

here are my specs:
CPU:Intel Pentium G4560
MB: Gigabyte H110M-H
RAM: 4GB DDR4
HDD:WD Blue 120GB
GPU: GTX 650 Ti
i am on windows 10 ver.1809

Ralston18

Titan
If the keyboard works fine on other computers and if other keyboards work on your computer then the problem is likely the current imice keyboard drivers.

One immediate thing you can do is look in Task Manager > Startup. Determine if there are any apps or utilities related to the imice keyboard being launched at startup. Could be buggy or corrupted. If there are any such apps or utilities then disable and reboot. Test the keyboard accordingly.

Failing that:

On your computer use Device Manager to check the current keyboard drivers that are installed and are being used.

Device Manager > Keyboard > Right click the keyboard > Select Properties > Drivers tab.

If there are multiple keyboards listed try to identify either directly or by elimination which keyboard is actually the imice keyboard.

Note all of the driver related information: time, date, version data, etc..

(No harm in taking a look at the other Properties tabs as well. Just be careful not to change anything.)

Then do the same on a computer where the imice keyboard works. Compare the driver information to determine what matches and what does not match.

Then install the identical keyboard drivers on your computer, reconfigure, reboot, and test the keyboard.

If the test fails, post the current imice keyboard driver information for the drivers that are not working along with the keyboard drivers that do work on the other computer.

Gavin24

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
If the keyboard works fine on other computers and if other keyboards work on your computer then the problem is likely the current imice keyboard drivers.

One immediate thing you can do is look in Task Manager > Startup. Determine if there are any apps or utilities related to the imice keyboard being launched at startup. Could be buggy or corrupted. If there are any such apps or utilities then disable and reboot. Test the keyboard accordingly.

Failing that:

On your computer use Device Manager to check the current keyboard drivers that are installed and are being used.

Device Manager > Keyboard > Right click the keyboard > Select Properties > Drivers tab.

If there are multiple keyboards listed try to identify either directly or by elimination which keyboard is actually the imice keyboard.

Note all of the driver related information: time, date, version data, etc..

(No harm in taking a look at the other Properties tabs as well. Just be careful not to change anything.)

Then do the same on a computer where the imice keyboard works. Compare the driver information to determine what matches and what does not match.

Then install the identical keyboard drivers on your computer, reconfigure, reboot, and test the keyboard.

If the test fails, post the current imice keyboard driver information for the drivers that are not working along with the keyboard drivers that do work on the other computer.
Where do I get the other driver version from? I have been looking online for the right version but I can't find it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the driver version on the pc that the keyboard works on is 10.0.10586.0 while the version on the pc it doesn't work on is 10.0.17763.348 and the date is 6/21/2006 on both versions.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

Gavin24

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
Microsoft.

Google "microsoft download keyboard 10.0.10586.0"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...h-recent/8c816712-11b0-4927-8581-db124621c547

and

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ivers-in/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

[Note: You will probably find third party websites offering the keyboard drivers. Those websites should be a last resort and downloads should be carefully scrutinized. ]
I couldn't find it. All I saw were sketchy websites offering the driver. I have tried using a driver meant for a different keyboard (Keytronic Keyboard driver) and the problem is still present.

EDIT: tried downloading the driver from a third party site after checking their reputation and it was just a random .exe file

Last edited: