Keyboard "Left Arrow" Key isn't working.

LSB___

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Something software related is causing my Left arrow key not to work. I know its not my keyboard for 2 reasons:

One, i've recently purchased this keyboard, my previous keyboard's left key wasnt working, which i thought was hardware related, and didnt do any trouble shooting.

Two, i am able to do Ctrl + Left arrow, just not Left arrow by itself.

I've uninstalled all the drivers related to my Keyboard. all are named the same, "HID Keyboard Device". When i do this and restart my computer, the left arrow key works for a while, I assume untill the drivers automatically reinstall.

Any solutions?

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB

LSB___

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Idiotically I think I've disabled Microsoft services, meaning I cannot get into the home screen now and I'm just looping from the login screen, I cannot enter my pin to login... what should I do now?

Colif

Win 11 Master
turn on pc, when it gets to windows start, hit reset button on pc
do that pattern 3 times and it should load automatic repair
If it can't fix startup, it will offer advanced options, take them
from next menu, choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options (if this sin't here, choose system restore instead, pick a recent date and PC will roll system settings back to then)
if start up options was there, click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

while here, check if left arrow works as safe mode only uses default windows drivers

in safe mode, right click start
choose run...
type msconfig & set it to default start up. restart PC and it should load normally.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would look in the options of all your start up programs and see if there is anything about disabling keys or reprogramming them (In the case of the corsair software) - this is safer than messing with msconfig

Have you popped that key off and see if something is going on under it? That keyboard is designed to be able to do that. If that doesn't work try unplugging/replugging the USB connection from back of computer just to test if that fixes it. Third I'm pretty sure that keyboard has programmable keys. Check in whatever program it uses to see if that key was programmed to do nothing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3301940/arrow-key-working.html

cannot find anything specific about key not working but its not a physical problem (we knew that already since it works with shift) as it waits till you been logged in a while.

LSB___

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for the help Colif, it turns out it was my GeForce Experience, which set left arrow to something i'd never use... The original soloution was the best way to fix this!