Question Keyboard problem

Jul 10, 2022
I am new here, if this is the wrong category please move me if possible.

I have a very bad problem with my keyboard as sometimes it repeats a letter or doesn't wanna type at all. For example, i'll be typing and suddenly it'll be like " i hope youuuuuuuuuuuuu have a goooooood day" and when i try remove it the arrow to delete repeats itself as well and deletes everything i wrote. It's extremely annoying and even when i'm gaming i'll randomly go sideways etc.

It's not the keyboard itself, i've tested other keyboards on my computer and the issue still occurs. I've tried uinstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, plugging in and out my keyboard and that's about it for now. I didn't do anything before this occured so i'm clueless.

Edit: I'm using a Razer Huntsman Elite and i'm unsure of the names of the other keyboards i've tried.

Lasith

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
I am new here, if this is the wrong category please move me if possible.

I have a very bad problem with my keyboard as sometimes it repeats a letter or doesn't wanna type at all. For example, i'll be typing and suddenly it'll be like " i hope youuuuuuuuuuuuu have a goooooood day" and when i try remove it the arrow to delete repeats itself as well and deletes everything i wrote. It's extremely annoying and even when i'm gaming i'll randomly go sideways etc.

It's not the keyboard itself, i've tested other keyboards on my computer and the issue still occurs. I've tried uinstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, plugging in and out my keyboard and that's about it for now. I didn't do anything before this occured so i'm clueless.

Edit: I'm using a Razer Huntsman Elite and i'm unsure of the names of the other keyboards i've tried.
What are the keys that have this problem? Did you tried using Touch Keyborad (On Screen Keyborad)?
Did you do a malware scan recently?

Jul 10, 2022
What are the keys that have this problem? Did you tried using Touch Keyborad (On Screen Keyborad)?
Did you do a malware scan recently?
Hello, the key doesn't matter as there is no specific one. It happens to the key that i'm pressing and it happens at random. Example, i'm typing this and suddenly it'll be like "thhhhhhhhhis".

I have not ran any malware scan recently and i only have Windows Defender.

Lasith

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
Hello, the key doesn't matter as there is no specific one. It happens to the key that i'm pressing and it happens at random. Example, i'm typing this and suddenly it'll be like "thhhhhhhhhis".

I have not ran any malware scan recently and i only have Windows Defender.
I have few suggestions to try out.
  1. Scan for malware.
  2. Run the Keyboard troubleshooter - Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Keyboard
  3. Use system file checker incase of corrupted system files - sfc /scannow
  4. Check whether the Sticky keys are enabled or not. If enabled try disabling them.

And again, did you try "Touch Keyboard" ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts