Question Keyboard problem

nerdfighter

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2014
I`m having issues with my keyboard for a few weeks ( had this keyboard for about 3 months now) , some keys seem to become unresponsive and only work after I press them multiple times then they work fine for a minute or so and repeat. The keys I found are left alt , v and 5 just random keys with no correlation they just appear to go to sleep for some reason. I bought a new keyboard and with that keyboard keys are pressed randomly with no input on my end ( like web pages start scrolling all the way down). I tried to uninstall the keyboard drivers but it didnt fix it. Other things I will try might be a clean OS install or another keyboard else I dont know what to do. If anyone has any solution pls help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if its wireless, charging it can help too as mine stops responding when low on charge.

I bought a new keyboard and with that keyboard keys are pressed randomly with no input on my end ( like web pages start scrolling all the way down). I tried to uninstall the keyboard drivers but it didnt fix it.
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.
if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

tried running a Anti virus scan or run malwarebytes?

Jul 30, 2024
I`m having issues with my keyboard for a few weeks ( had this keyboard for about 3 months now) , some keys seem to become unresponsive and only work after I press them multiple times then they work fine for a minute or so and repeat. The keys I found are left alt , v and 5 just random keys with no correlation they just appear to go to sleep for some reason. I bought a new keyboard and with that keyboard keys are pressed randomly with no input on my end ( like web pages start scrolling all the way down). I tried to uninstall the keyboard drivers but it didnt fix it. Other things I will try might be a clean OS install or another keyboard else I dont know what to do. If anyone has any solution pls help.
Here are some steps you can try to fix your keyboard issues:

Check Connections:

• Ensure the keyboard is properly connected to your computer.
  • Try plugging it into a different USB port.
Clean the keyboard.
  • Gently clean the keys using compressed air or a soft brush to remove any dust or debris.
Update or reinstall drivers:
  • Go to Device Manager.
  • Find the keyboard under "Keyboards."
  • Right-click and select "Update driver" or "Uninstall device" and then restart your computer.
Check Keyboard Online:
  • Use an online keyboard tester to see if all keys are recognized properly. This can help identify any faulty keys.
Check for Hardware Issues:
  • If none of the above solutions work, there might be a hardware problem with your computer or keyboard. Consider getting professional help.