Question Keyboard randomly stops working

Jan 23, 2023
My keyboard randomly stops working, sometimes gets stuck and keeps typing the same letter. Sometimes the RGBs turn off and come back on and it's just a mess of probabilities at this point. Unplugging the USB and plugging it back in works temporarily but I've noticed that my screen artifacts (not severely) when I do that. What could be the cause of that and how can I fix that permanently?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What make is the keyboard? Does it have its own software?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. slowly restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Jan 23, 2023
What make is the keyboard? Does it have its own software?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. slowly restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
It's an off brand keyboard with no dedicated software, Gamebooster G25K to be exact (I was on a pretty low budget when I chose this one) though I know that the keyboard works just fine since I've tried it with other devices and had no issues.

About that clean boot, I tried it before to troubleshoot numerous other issues I had and I tried it for the keyboard too, didn't really seem to work. In fact I even tried freshly installing a new copy of Windows 10 Pro just in case it was some program running in the background and affecting my keyboard, that didn't work either. I know it's not some kind of virus either since I formatted my drives too.