[SOLVED] Keyboard typing random characters when I press the three button

Aug 26, 2020
This issue just started last night out of nowhere but whenever I try to press the three button it pops up "edwsx4rf iku978yo87n bjko890-=oi 98976860998675432w3211"

I've googled till I've gone cross eyed and I still haven't found out what exactly is wrong with my keyboard. I can type every number besides three and sadly I don't have a number pad on the side of my keyboard to use instead. HELP!!

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D

that is a strange one. if you need the three key try the onscreen keyboard in windows ease of access, see if it triggers the same gobbledygook.
I would next suggest trying another keyboard and try to isolate if its the keyboard or the system itself or try the current keyboard on another machine.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

that is a strange one. if you need the three key try the onscreen keyboard in windows ease of access, see if it triggers the same gobbledygook.
I would next suggest trying another keyboard and try to isolate if its the keyboard or the system itself or try the current keyboard on another machine.

Solution
Aug 26, 2020

Thanks for your suggestions! I just tried the onscreen keyboard and the three worked fine there. I'm going to borrow another keyboard tomorrow and see if there's still an issue or it's if just the keyboard itself causing the problem. I'll be sure to update once I find out!