Keyboard won't work on new PC build and I know it and the mobo work

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

C8mtron

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
So I just finish building my new PC and at first everything works like it should. Then after I get windows 10 on a USB drive I turn it on and the keyboard doesn't work. The mouse will work but the keyboard got into a habit of shutting off which eventually led to it not turning on at all. I've already tried to fix the problem by using a new keyboard and I ordered a new motherboard but the problem persist. Another problem is that my monitor doesn't display the boot menu when I turn it on so I can't get into windows. When I got onto the boot menu before, I had to access bios and then save and reset. Since I can't access bios now I'm pretty much stuck. I think it could be my power supply but I'm not positive. Could someone please help me? If so thanks I advance. Here are the parts https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zzBFhq.

C8mtron

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

When the keyboard started to turn off it was gradual. At first it worked fine but then it started to shut off randomly on its own and eventually it wouldn't turn on at all when I powered up my computer. I have not tried a powered USB hub.

C8mtron

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

I've already created the tool its just without saving and resetting by exiting out of the bios screen I can't access the boot menu to download windows.

C8mtron

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

I have already tried another keyboard and it still didn't work!

FullmetalJacket

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Well you never said that sorry ,That mother board Trashed or its windows ,If the system boots ,it can't be the RAM or The CPU it wouldn't post it would just freeze. The power supply is also out, because everything else works.A bios flash may? fix the board ,windows drivers may? fix it but its not the power supply because a keyboard pulls virtually no current aqnd everything else works ,Give it a go and if that don't work you got very unlucky with two faulty boards ,They may have tried to fix your old one and they sent it back to you they do try that on sometimes ,Good luck ,I would love you to fix andf ind out what is was and let us no because its pretty darn weird