keystrokes remembered-how to change?

when I perform a search the previous letters I typed show up -anyway to set
the computer not to remember previous characters typed?

Thank you in advance !

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:B7ED9328-A39A-453D-A698-FF514DF55CD0@microsoft.com,
Loveembirds <Loveembirds@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> when I perform a search the previous letters I typed show up -anyway
> to set the computer not to remember previous characters typed?
>
> Thank you in advance !

Search where? In your search function in the PC? Desktop Search? Internet
searches? Open IE, click tools, options, content, autocomplete, and set the
settings until you're happy with them and delete the archived entries.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Galen,

Thanks for your reply and help.
It is where you search via the start up menu with the little dog looking for
stuff.
:<)
I am new to XP-heck, computers for that matter, can you tell? :<)

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:B7ED9328-A39A-453D-A698-FF514DF55CD0@microsoft.com,
> Loveembirds <Loveembirds@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > when I perform a search the previous letters I typed show up -anyway
> > to set the computer not to remember previous characters typed?
> >
> > Thank you in advance !
>
> Search where? In your search function in the PC? Desktop Search? Internet
> searches? Open IE, click tools, options, content, autocomplete, and set the
> settings until you're happy with them and delete the archived entries.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

kelly

Hi,

AutoComplete:
IE/Tools/Internet Options/Content/AutoComplete/Clear AutoComplete history

A small utility I created that clears certain History Lists

Clear Recent File Lists - Includes Search and Run Menu (Line 41)

More info:

This process works and clears them from run also:

Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the RunMRU, Typed URL's
and Clear List (depending on which Start Menu you are using): Right click
the Start button/Properties/Customize/Advanced/Recent Documents/Clear List.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP