Question Killer Ethernet: Kill Your Lag

Mar 12, 2024
I'm planning to switching out the PC case. The old pc case that i had bought is good, but just too bulky, looking like a case for Darth Vader from starwars.
So, i have finally located a good pc case. So, I'm an online gamer at all. I have a MSI Gaming 970 Gaming Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller.
So, how do i disable the Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller

Lutfij

Titan
What case did you narrow down to?

Since you asked about disabling your NIC, you go into BIOS and you should see the option to disable your onboard LAN controller in BIOS, integrated peripherals.,

But why would you need to disable it if you're swapping cases? The board should be a drop in part into the new case.

Mar 12, 2024
I started looking to see what the Killer ethernet is.
One, i saw this

Slow internet speed using Killer Ethernet adapters​

• If your system is running slowly due to high CPU usage, try disabling the Killer Network service. To do this: Click Start. Type services.msc and press Enter. Scroll until you find Intel Killer Network Service or Rivet Bandwidth Control and double-click. Click Stop. It may take a few moments for the service to stop.
As i saw that SLow internet speed info, i started thinking, on my laptop, it's find, but on my desktop since is msi motherboard with killer ethernet, the speed is slow.. I don't even game.

Last edited: