Kim Dotcom Promises Free Broadband for New Zealand

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]From the eyes of a foreigner, nobody could be more stupid than Bush jr.Probably the wisest president you lot had was Clinton. Never started a war, iirc. Obama, from how i see it, had to fix Bush's mess. He's also prioritizing getting out of war.[/citation]
Really? Reclassifying troops as consultants ISN'T taking troops out of Iraq, no matter how it looks on paper. Hes just as war-hungry as Bush-the-idiot and has let laws pass that are far worse than the ones Bush was told to sign.
Romney will be even worse though.

coreyhodge88

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
About a year ago in Australia I was on 12GB a month under 256Kbps for $70 a month. In the last 2 years the caps have increased massively to 100GB

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Really? Reclassifying troops as consultants ISN'T taking troops out of Iraq, no matter how it looks on paper[/citation]
Total utter nonsense.

G

Are we all complaining about our awful connection speeds here? Okay. My turn now.

I pay $65 a month for a 7.1mb/0.7mb connection. However, because of how noisy the line is (DSL), I can only get reliably get 2.Xmb/0.7mb speed. If I try to connect at a faster rate, my connection will keep cutting out every minute or two for several days until it finally reconnects at a speed around or below 2.5mb/0.7mb. On the bright side: no bandwidth caps.

So yeah, I pay $65/month for a pretty ghetto internet connection. Yes, others do have it worse than me, but it still sucks and I felt like ranting about it.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]chimera201[/nom]For those complaining about their country having ridiculous internet pricing:I live in India. I pay 900INR ( 16 USD ) for an internet package - 4Mbps till 8GB thereafter 512Kbps per month.Your countries are way better.http://s19.postimage.org/3q2mmxujn/Capture.png[/citation]
Try the equivalent of US$ 34.6 per month with a 2GB cap @ 512k speeds. Had that until November 2011. My current connection is a tad better but the price and cap is still absurd.

[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]Try the equivalent of US$ 34.6 per month with a 2GB cap @ 512k speeds. Had that until November 2011. My current connection is a tad better but the price and cap is still absurd.[/citation]

Try mentioning current data.
I also needed to mention other facts like the net package i have is the best package i could get.
And i live very close to a city called Mumbai that is the fourth most populous city in the world. The point is i'm not in a village and still only could get that net package. Other thing is that different countries have different average salary for individuals. So even if translated prices are same we cannot afford that still because of low average salary

African nations have other problems, like the upper part of Africa is composed of Sahara desert. It is impossible to get stable net connections there. But in India, a country that has very less natural problems and has lots of talented and hardworking people still gets an average of 1 Mbps internet

u can see the state of the internet in this image
http://s19.postimage.org/3q2mmxujn/Capture.png
These stats are for Q1 2012

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

Does it say what the average data cap is? lol Also does it mention anything about the quality of the internet? e.g. ping and reliability?

I live in the center of the capital city (in NZ), and I pay $90 a month for no data cap. But I get 1.5MBs MAX download speeds (not sure on upload speed, its adsl so it's slower than 1MBs). Regular disconnections (about 3-4 a day, when I use the net for about 1-2 hours). And variable ping, e.g. to Australia I can get 57ms ping, to 90ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.