Question Kingston SSD Manager is not recognizing external drive( A 400)?

ditrate

Great
Sep 4, 2022
Kingston manager is not recognizing my external A400 drive (2 USB adapters, with and without additional power). But WD lifeguard and Crystal Disk Info does. But when i connected the drive to a SATA, it being recognized in Kingston SSD Manager.

USAFRet

Titan
Kingston manager is not recognizing my external A400 drive (2 USB adapters, with and without additional power). But WD lifeguard and Crystal Disk Info does. But when i connected the drive to a SATA, it being recognized in Kingston SSD Manager.
These tools frequently will not work through an external adapter.

Samsung Magician is the same with Samsung drives.

Just the way it is.

ditrate

Great
Sep 4, 2022
These tools frequently will not work through an external adapter.

Samsung Magician is the same with Samsung drives.

Just the way it is.
So, it's ok? But why HD Tune freezing (but when I unplug the drive, it shows up) while I try to check this drive. However, I don't see no problem with Crystal Disk or WD lifeguard. Health are good, except couple Interface CRC Error, but WD Lifeguard don't seen them at all.

USAFRet

Titan
So, it's ok? But why HD Tune freezing (but when I unplug the drive, it shows up) while I try to check this drive. However, I don't see no problem with Crystal Disk or WD lifeguard. Health are good, except couple Interface CRC Error, but WD Lifeguard don't seen them at all.
The external adapter and USB interface introduces its own complexity.

If it works when the drive is connected internally, all is well.