Question Kolink Observatory Lite RGB controller stopped working?

Oct 7, 2022
Hey everyone, so I bought a PC with Kolink Observatory Lite case, that has RGB fans preinstalled that can be controlled via a remote that comes with the case. It worked just fine for some months, then it stopped working. Thought the remote ran out of battery so I replaced it, no success. Now I'm stuck with a single color, maximum brightness and RPM.

It's worth to note that somebody else built the PC for me so he knows where the 3-pin Gigabyte pin specially designed for Gigabyte motherboards should be placed (see manual for the connector), that I noticed it probably has been plugged out somehow. My Gigabyte H410M H V3 doesn't have any 3-pin RGB headers though, so I have no idea where should I plug it. The professional who built the PC doesn't work anymore so I have to try tinkering with it if you can help. I think this could be the culprit as everything is plugged in just fine on the RGB hub itself. This or the case came faulty as new and the RGB Hub could only last ~3 months.

Have you had such experience with Kolink cases? Do you have any ideas how to solve this if it's even possible please?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What you need is an ARGB controller or a motherboard that has an ARGB header on it to plug the ARGB controller bundled with the case to, provided the info in the Kolink case manual is correct. You will need to look into something like this;

It's even possible that the hub itself has conked out. You might want to try and plug the Kolink hub(and the accompanying fans) in your case to a known working motherboard with an ARGB header.

Oct 7, 2022
Isn't that ARGB controller basically the same as Kolink RGB hub (seen in the manual)? I just can't figure out how it was working before and all of a sudden it stopped working with a motherboard that doesn't have such a connector that is specially designed for it.

TRENDING THREADS