Kotick: Blizzard's Secret MMO Will Be New IP

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babajaga

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
[citation][nom]drsanches[/nom]Bobby Kotick is a pure evil man that has doomed blizzard. I won't ever pay for a blizzard game again, sorry, there are developers with heart out there that deserves my money more.[/citation]

I think it means Intellectual Property

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]They ought to stick with a level 20 cap at first, with annual expansions. that way each expansion could actually bring new content without overdoing the gear just before the expansion. With any other company, I'd be hesitant to even look at a new MMO, but with Blizzard, I can hardly wait. They can't very well improve the look and graphics engine with WoW because WoW has a certain look to it. To upgrade the look would mess up the flavor of the World of Warcraft. With a new MMO, not based off anything they've done before, they can go more realistic and do things that other companies haven't been able to pull off. I played EQ for years before WoW came out, and I've always considered WoW to be everything EQ should have been: easy solo play, listening to their customers, more customizable interface, fixing bugs, a good PTR system before releasing their patches, actual news before the patches came out for testing, etc. EQ had failed so many ways, and Blizzard did everything right with WoW. That's why they have 13 million players. They listen to and communicate with their customers. Most other gaming companies don't come close to doing that.This new game ought to be great.[/citation]

This is exactly why almost all other mmo's suck and alot of games in general. They listen to all the whinny crying little idiot kids and make the game easyer and easyer and easyer untill it becomes totaly pointless to play (not that wow was worth playing to begin with). I have had to quit many games because the devs started listening to the idiots that wanted the game to be easyer and took all the fun out of it for everyone else. WoW being the exception here all those games ended up dieing rather quickly after doing so. How wow continues as a game ill never know other then a fanboy base from the rts and blizzard.

O and to the dude who said a couple months to max lvl.. your doing something horribly wrong if its taking you that long.

mhughes81

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
WoW has been a learning experience for Blizzard. I'm impressed with what I've heard on the Cataclysm expansion so far. They could make a WoW killer with the knowledge and experience they have now, but it'll probably be 2015+ before they release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.