Question Labtop volume feature gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2021
I used to have an old Toshipba labtop. I used to record things on the labtop with a free sound recorder. While it was recording I could turn the volume off so it wasn't loud in the room, but it can still record in the labtop. No other labtop I know off has this feature. So two questions, is this some rare thing? Second if it's not rare, how do I set the settings to do this on a new labtop?

I used to have an old Toshipba labtop. I used to record things on the labtop with a free sound recorder. While it was recording I could turn the volume off so it wasn't loud in the room, but it can still record in the labtop. No other labtop I know off has this feature. So two questions, is this some rare thing? Second if it's not rare, how do I set the settings to do this on a new labtop?
That's up to sound driver to regulate, has nothing to do with it being a laPtop or desktop. If Windows, go to Control panel > Sound > Recording and uncheck "Listen to".

Nov 17, 2021
That's up to sound driver to regulate, has nothing to do with it being a laPtop or desktop. If Windows, go to Control panel > Sound > Recording and uncheck "Listen to".
Well this seems like such an easy solution, and no one has told me this, and im wondering if maybe you took the question in another way, so just to make sure, can you please explain what this does that way I don't waste time, and I don't mess things up? Thank you.

Well this seems like such an easy solution, and no one has told me this, and im wondering if maybe you took the question in another way, so just to make sure, can you please explain what this does that way I don't waste time, and I don't mess things up? Thank you.
Right click on Start, choose run and type Control, it will bring you to Control panel. At top right of it where it says "View by", instead of Category choose "Large icons". Than click on Sound and follow my instructions from previous post.

Nov 17, 2021
Right click on Start, choose run and type Control, it will bring you to Control panel. At top right of it where it says "View by", instead of Category choose "Large icons". Than click on Sound and follow my instructions from previous post.
Yes but what does this do please? Because I have been told that they do not no other labtop had that feature that the old labtop had that I was refering to...........so just to make sure we are refering to the same thing.............your saying this thing that you wrote...........if I turn the volme down it will keep the recording then?

Yes but what does this do please? Because I have been told that they do not no other labtop had that feature that the old labtop had that I was refering to...........so just to make sure we are refering to the same thing.............your saying this thing that you wrote...........if I turn the volme down it will keep the recording then?
It just turns off or on listening to input,. If turned of you will not hear what's is said thru microphone but it will still record it and you will be able to hear all other sounds.

Nov 17, 2021
It just turns off or on listening to input,. If turned of you will not hear what's is said thru microphone but it will still record it and you will be able to hear all other sounds.
Thank you. So I will try that. So if I do this, will it create some new neagtive thing? Like what are the pros and cons to doing tihs? Why would someone want this done and not want this done? I am asking because no one has ever reccomdned this, they all either dont know what im refering to, or they just dont know how to do this, and this is something that no one ever writes about in articles, or makes videos about then, and I woudl think it woudl be such a popular thing that lots of people would want to use it....you know.....recording something the same way, but not letting the sound come out loud then.............so if your solution works, is there something that can be a negative thing from setting it up like this then? And how no one else that I have brought this issue up with, has ever explained so simply as you did how to solve issue then?

Just to make sure, if I do this thing that you wrote, I can record the sound on my computer the same way it is, but I can lower the volume so that it won't be coming out of the computer as loud then?

Status
Not open for further replies.