ladder season end

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hi all,
just wandering, when Blizz will finnish current ladder season. Maybe someone
of you knows it.... or suppose it....
jarek
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

jaro wrote:

> Hi all,
> just wandering, when Blizz will finnish current ladder season. Maybe
> someone of you knows it.... or suppose it....
> jarek

This is almost a FAQ.

It's pointless to to ask because, you have absolutely no chance to
prevent to get informed after blizz releases an official statement.

Webmasters will start updating the websites so you can read the statement
on every D2 site in big letters at the frontpage.
Every Shop-Bot will spam the Bnet-chat and announce Kickazz-Itemz for the
new season. Everybody in Bnet-chat will talk about the season and in agd2
you will find monster-threads about the new season.

You can be sure that you _will_ get informed about a new season ASAP.

Koile
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

having said that, in the 6 years i've played this game they've only reset
the ladders, what, like 4 times or something?

Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, I've had school loans that were repaid faster
than Blizzard has done a ladder reset



"Koile" <koile.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:39l9urF649o06U1@individual.net...
> jaro wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> just wandering, when Blizz will finnish current ladder season. Maybe
>> someone of you knows it.... or suppose it....
>> jarek
>
> This is almost a FAQ.
>
> It's pointless to to ask because, you have absolutely no chance to
> prevent to get informed after blizz releases an official statement.
>
> Webmasters will start updating the websites so you can read the statement
> on every D2 site in big letters at the frontpage.
> Every Shop-Bot will spam the Bnet-chat and announce Kickazz-Itemz for the
> new season. Everybody in Bnet-chat will talk about the season and in agd2
> you will find monster-threads about the new season.
>
> You can be sure that you _will_ get informed about a new season ASAP.
>
> Koile
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"u" <u@mail.com> wrote in message news:39m27uF5rvgm9U1@individual.net...
> Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, I've had school loans that were repaid faster
> than Blizzard has done a ladder reset


so now you get an idea of how much I am playing WoW. Can't even remember to
post with my D2 sig anymore.


Anex.....Explodeazon, <---shamed.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

u wrote:
> having said that, in the 6 years i've played this game they've only
> reset the ladders, what, like 4 times or something?
>
> Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, I've had school loans that were repaid
> faster than Blizzard has done a ladder reset
>

I started playing with LoD's release, and so far as I can remember the
ladder was never reset until 1.10's release, and only once since. So that
makes only two resets in my 4+ years.

Actually, did they ever really reset the 1.09 ladder or just add a 1.10
ladder to the mix? If that's the case then I've only really seen one reset.
--
chainbreaker
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"jaro" <j.ogrodnik@poczta.fm> wrote in message
news:d13mgb$obf$1@achot.icm.edu.pl...
> Hi all,
> just wandering, when Blizz will finnish current ladder season. Maybe
> someone of you knows it.... or suppose it....
> jarek
>

The following was posted on the Battle.net forums by one of the official
Blizzard forum moderators:

******

MicahW - Blizzard Poster

1. Über Diablo and the Bucket of Truth |

2/2/2005 3:28:06 AM GMTST

We have all come to know and love Über Diablo and the bounties he brings
forth. The new charm of Annihilus, so coveted by all that wish to slay him.

However, what if in a chaotic universe he ceased to be? That his anger for
the sales of these 'Stones of Jordan' did not summon him? Instead, that an
entirely new type of World Event were to exist!

What would this World Event entail? What would bring it about, and what
would be the ultimate reward for completing the objective?

I have faith in your determination to stay focused on this query, and look
forward to what your imaginations will produce!


******

This suggests several things:

1. Blizzard plans to reset the Ladder. We have not been abandoned yet.
They plan to string us along for another season.

2. They haven't decided on a new World Event. It hasn't been designed yet.
It hasn't been coded yet. It hasn't been tested yet.

3. The ladder reset is still months away. While resetting the ladder
should be fairly easy, a new World Event will take time and resources.
There is no mention of a new patch.

4. Continue to play your current Ladder characters. They aren't going away
anytime soon.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Wotc" <z9q4@aol.com> wrote in message news:bHlZd.3466$u76.2026@trndny08...

> 3. The ladder reset is still months away. While resetting the ladder
> should be fairly easy, a new World Event will take time and resources.
> There is no mention of a new patch.

When season 2 started, I recall seeing Dec 2005 mentioned as the reset
month.

I can't remember where I saw it, or who said it.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "u" <u@mail.com> wrote:

>> Xanex....

You're playing an anti-acid now?


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> had this idea for a movie:

>I started playing with LoD's release, and so far as I can remember the
>ladder was never reset until 1.10's release, and only once since. So that
>makes only two resets in my 4+ years.

From a bit of searching around...

June, 2001 - LOD released, 1.08 and 1.09 patches soon follow
September, 2001 - 1.09 ladder reset
April, 2002 - 1.10 patch announced
October, 2003 - 1.10 patch released, and season 1 ladder begins
July, 2004 - Season 2 ladder begins

So, yes, one ladder reset for 1.09 that I can recall, and two so far for 1.10.
I remember two of my non-guild guild mates (hehe) starting a javazon for that
1.09 reset, playing overnight, ending up level 86 by the next day, and then
pretty much giving it up as a lost cause as the little bnet monkeys just kept
playing on... and on... and on.

So, we might see another ladder reset next month (assuming about nine month
ladder seasons for 1.10), or we might not ever see another reset, or they
might just reset at some random date that the pizza delivery guy comes up
with.
 

TRENDING THREADS