Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I right click on the task bar and remove the toolbar called language bar,
but after a reboot
it is displayed again.

How can i make it permanent?

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and
Language Options.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click
Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
Deselect the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

"kenny" <dot@net.biz> wrote in message
>I right click on the task bar and remove the toolbar called language bar,
>but after a reboot
> it is displayed again.
>
> How can i make it permanent?
>
> Thanks

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Its already deselected.. I know about this option but still I get the small
ICON with EN if I am writing with english or GR when I am writing with
greek. I have to right click on the
taskbar > toolbars to disable it, but then after some reboots it comes up
again.

Kennt

kenny wrote:
> I right click on the task bar and remove the toolbar called language
> bar, but after a reboot
> it is displayed again.
>
> How can i make it permanent?
>
> Thanks

Go to Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Languages tab/Details Button/Advanced Tab and check the "Turn off advanced text services" option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

catdragon

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Thank you!!! This has been driving me crazy!!! Great, easy to follow instructions. And it works!! :)

Thanks again!