[SOLVED] Laptop acts as if it's booting for the first time whenever I restart.

Mordorboard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop. The laptop works perfectly fine if I just put it to sleep. But if I shut it down, it sometimes starts up as if I'm booting it for the first time ever; no desktop icons, installed apps, backgrounds, user data.

If I restart it a couple of times, it starts working normally again. I've formatted it once, updated BIOS and drivers, but the problem persists.

Config:
Windows 10 Home (19042.804 build)
i7-10750H
16GB 2933MHZ
256GB SSD + 1tb HDD

Solution
When you say, you've "formatted it once", did you reinstall the OS using the installer made with Windows Media Creation Tools? You are showing to be on the latest version of Windows 10 but what you explain seems like the OS is corrupt or that you're using another profile every time you log on to the laptop's GUI.

Which BIOS version are you currently on?

Lutfij

Titan
When you say, you've "formatted it once", did you reinstall the OS using the installer made with Windows Media Creation Tools? You are showing to be on the latest version of Windows 10 but what you explain seems like the OS is corrupt or that you're using another profile every time you log on to the laptop's GUI.

Which BIOS version are you currently on?

Solution