May 22, 2023
So, over the last couple of weeks ive been having this issue where i get blue screens rather randomly with DPC Watchdog violation error, it isnt too random since at least from what i can tell it happens when im messing with stuff on my 2nd ssd ( nvme T-force Cardea C440 ), happened for example while playing apex stored on it and when trying to clone a partition from my main ssd ( XPG ADATA sx8100np )into it
I had a disk repair thing happen once tho the crash happened several times
Another reason why i think it is the problem is that every time it crashes and restarts, the ssd disappears from the bios and the device manager, like completely gone
Ive tried changing drivers but it doesnt seem to fix it, and ive also tried to sfc /scannow, in which it does show that there were corrupt files and "fixes" it, and not long after, it dies again, ive also tried to switch its m.2 slot with the other ssd but it doesnt work either
Ive also checked it with crystal disk info and it says its at full health

Havent checked if its a ram problem yet, tho i would say that it would probably not be it since i havent had that problem before i got the c440

specs:
Windows 10 (in the adata ssd)
Laptop from avell (Brazillian brand)
rtx 3060m
i7-12700h
16gb ram ddr5 4800mhz
m.2 nvme XPG ADATA sx8100np pcie 3.0
m.2 nvme T-force Cardea C440 pcie 4.0

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you pass on a screenshot of what you see on Windows 10? To me it seems like you've got the wrong partition structure on the second SSD. Either that or your laptop is pending a BIOS update to allow for compatibility of the SSD you've added.

Reactions: DihydrogenOxide
Another reason why i think it is the problem is that every time it crashes and restarts, the ssd disappears from the bios and the device manager, like completely gone
Probably overheating. Do you have a heatsink installed on T-force Cardea C440 ?
It is PCIE 4.0 x4 drive. Those tend to run hot.
ive also tried to sfc /scannow, in which it does show that there were corrupt files and "fixes" it, and not long after, it dies again
sfc /scannow runs on OS drive. It fixes OS file corruptions. It does nothing to a secondary storage drive.

Reactions: DihydrogenOxide
May 22, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you pass on a screenshot of what you see on Windows 10? To me it seems like you've got the wrong partition structure on the second SSD. Either that or your laptop is pending a BIOS update to allow for compatibility of the SSD you've added.
Thanks!
tbh in windows nothing of really abnormal would appear, i would just try things and the pc would start freezing and dying which led to a bluescreen with the DPC watchdog
tho no idea why but today a new bluescreen appeared when i went to turn my laptop on, i couldnt see the error code exactly but it had smt with `drivers less than 0` or smt
then up until now it seems to have... fixed itself or smt, no errors now, as far as ive tested
Probably overheating. Do you have a heatsink installed on T-force Cardea C440 ?
It is PCIE 4.0 x4 drive. Those tend to run hot.

sfc /scannow runs on OS drive. It fixes OS file corruptions. It does nothing to a secondary storage drive.
hmm yea i do have a heatsink on it, and apparently it was misplaced + my laptop seems to have a rather big built in heatsink for ssds and sstuff, now that ive checked it, it seems to not have the bug anymore

either way for now it seems to be working (?) so i guess until new stuff happens it seems to be fixed, very much thanks!