Question Laptop boot-loops with a second NVMe SSD installed ?

newmy51

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Hello TH,

I am the frustrated owner of a refurbished Asus ProArt StudioBook H5600QM with Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

I purchased two new, identical drives from a single vendor (Western Digital WD Green SN350 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T3G0C) to replace the stock ones. The one on which the OS is installed functions normally. The one that goes into the second drive bay sends the machine into an endless boot loop. When that drive is removed and the machine restarted, Asus performs some sort of automatic repair in the background before the login screen appears.

I do not have access to an NVMe drive reader at the moment to try and run diagnostics on it, and can't purchase one at the moment either (I'm about to travel tomorrow), but given some reading elsewhere on the forums, I suspect a BIOS issue may be at fault over anything being wrong with the drive. I've had a pretty difficult time with Asus' technical/customer support thus far, and would like to be able to troubleshoot this without having to go through them again. Additional info available upon request.

Thanks in Advance,

-newmy51