Question Multiple BSOD and Warning in the eventviewer

Aug 9, 2024
Hello everyone!
I need some help because my PC is giving me multiple BSOD with "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" errors and now, looking at the event viewer, I noticed multiple warning and other errors.
I know the first thing to do is doing a memtest but I know it requires several hours to make a complete "check" and the reason I'm avoiding to do this is because this RAM are brand new, just a couple of months of life. So, before doing a memtest I'm asking to some expert that can help me to test other stuff before going into 8+ hours of memtest.

Can an old HDD i'm using for extra storage (So not where the OS is installed) cause BSOD like this? Idk that's why im asking help of way more than me expert people.

PS: Looking at WHoCrashed tabs I noticed "local drivers" tab and check in, I noticed a driver named "cimfs.sys" with no signature at all and no info too, is a bad thing?
Here a whoscrashed report anyway for the main problem I asked your help:
PPS: Sorry for my bad english btw

On Fri 09/08/2024 01:18:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080924-23484-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A(0x61941, 0x7FFE1144D5E4, 0x1D, 0xFFFFE804F1A45B00)
Bugcheck name: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
Analysis: This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Fri 09/08/2024 01:15:07 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080924-26171-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x139(0x3, 0xFFFFF60F41595590, 0xFFFFF60F415954E8, 0x0)
Bugcheck name: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
Analysis: This particular bugcheck may be caused by malware or a security product that does not follow programming guidelines. This can also be caused by memory corruption. This is possibly a software problem. There is a possibility that this is caused by memory corruption. Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Fri 09/08/2024 16:38:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080924-23046-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E(0x99, 0x0, 0x0, 0x5)
Bugcheck name: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
Analysis: This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Fri 09/08/2024 16:38:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E(0x99, 0x0, 0x0, 0x5)
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Fri 09/08/2024 16:16:02 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080924-25031-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A(0x61941, 0x7FFD9FD0D5E4, 0x1D, 0xFFFFAB0F08B0FB00)
Bugcheck name: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues

On Thu 08/08/2024 21:18:53 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080824-26500-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E(0x99, 0x0, 0x0, 0x4)

Thanks in advance for any help u'll give me <3

Aug 9, 2024
EDIT: The "funny" stuff is that BSOD occurs when Im doing normal stuff, but not a single BSOD when im working with huge format on Photoshop or while gaming at max graphical setting, BSOD occurs or when Idle or when browsing on internet/doing normal stuff with the machine not under stress at all

you will want to delete your pagefile.sys and create a new one.
you might google "how to tell windows to delete the pagefile.sys on shutdown" and make the changes

this will not fix your problem but will reduce the number of bugchecks until you find the real fix.

to fix the problem you should be looking for a running 3rd party service that is incorrectly trying to send data to kernel driver and it is corrupting memory. the corrupted memory is being saved to the virtual memory (pagefile.sys) and later the corrupted data is used and the system bugcheck. (most common cause)

you could also run verifier.exe on all the 3rd party drivers and attempt to force a system crash when a driver corrupts another drivers data. This should list the name of the driver doing the corruption.

often, these errors are compounded by windows sleep settings. Sleep cycles tend to expose programming errors in user mode services that talk to device drivers. often programmers assume the code/data does not move in memory over time.
anyway, you should try to update 3rd party drivers, cpu chipset drivers and any disk software as a potential fix.

you might also want to turn off all browser extensions also, (for the case of malware)
deleting the pagefile.sys on reboot can also help dump some types of malware from your system.
(case where malware hacks the pagefile then the system reboots and the hack is loaded from the pagefile to enable further hacks)

you might also run a tool that will read your SMART drive data and check to see if your drive is having problems.
(you can also see the drive firmware version and see if the drive firmware should be updated)
(yes, old drives my show a lot of errors and indicate the drive is at end of life)
tool to use would be like crystaldiskinfo.exe

BIOS updates and chipset drivers may also be required for certain problems

Last edited: