Question Laptop boots with a weird pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2019
I got a new msi gf63 thin 9sc i5-9th gen laptop yesterday and installed windows 10 from a usb. I didn’t have any problems yesterday since i never turned the laptop off -I only restarted- but this morning when I turned it on it kept shutting off until it can boot. I tried updating bios, uninstalling the programs I installed yesterday, recovering windows but nothing changed. What I realized is when I turn the laptop on, it takes 30 secs trying to boot then shuts down then turns on itself again. This happens twice and the third time it turns on it boots at like 40th second. It booted with no problem for 4-5 times but it’s really rare. What could cause this problem?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is this a new laptop?
If so, return it.

What the cause is is mostly redundant if you can get it returned, as it should be a problem the seller has to resolve for you.
That and the seller needs to know if equipment is going out faulty.

It could be a multitude of things, but if it is new, just return it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes it is new. Okay then I’ll try to do so, thank you
No problem - sorry not to be of more help - but it really should just be returned rather than fixed.

If you try anything, it could void your warranty, and it should work perfectly out the box, so you shouldn't have to deal with the headache of repair, the seller can do that, as that is what you have paid for. It could end up being a rabbit hole if you tried to repair it yourself!

Hope it all goes through smoothly my friend.

Jul 7, 2019
No problem - sorry not to be of more help - but it really should just be returned rather than fixed.

If you try anything, it could void your warranty, and it should work perfectly out the box, so you shouldn't have to deal with the headache of repair, the seller can do that, as that is what you have paid for. It could end up being a rabbit hole if you tried to repair it yourself!

Hope it all goes through smoothly my friend.

Yeah as i went through the forum, I once again realized how hard it is to determine the problem for this kind of situations... thanks again

Reactions: PC Tailor
Status
Not open for further replies.