[SOLVED] Laptop Charger keeps disconnecting when playing games ?!

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
Hello all.
I've been used to play some games casually on my lenovo laptop (not sure of the exact model name) but it came with an i7 6500u and R7 m360, it was enough for me to play games like csgo at low with around 100fps.
Until yesterday when windows 10 started popping alerts saying that the battery is low while the charger is plugged in (this only happened when I'm gaming) and I noticed through the charging icon in windows that it's not stable: charges then stops then charges etc..
Also I got another charger for the laptop and it's been working well the last time I tried it (like 2 weeks ago) so I tried it as well and the same problem occured.
I'm really out of ideas here guys since the problem came with 2 charges in the same time, I'm starting to think that the problem is from the laptop itself; but where could it be..
So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Solution
Either the charger is not producing enough power, or the battery needs to be replaced..
You have to confirm your laptop model and check if the wattage on the charger is the same as the wattage the laptop is made for running at.. (rare occurrence but possible)
if the wattage isn't the issue.. it's most likely something wrong with the battery or the charging port on your laptop's motherboard..
I suggest taking it to a laptop repair shop in either of those cases..
Jul 2, 2020
It's possible that the socket you're using to charge might have some voltage issues..

try using the laptop without the battery connected and just on the charger (if possible) and see if it shuts down while gaming or not.. could indicate a bad charging port on the motherboard or just voltage issues in the socket the charger is plugged in..

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
It's possible that the socket you're using to charge might have some voltage issues..

try using the laptop without the battery connected and just on the charger (if possible) and see if it shuts down while gaming or not.. could indicate a bad charging port on the motherboard or just voltage issues in the socket the charger is plugged in..
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I cannot remove the battery from the laptop as it is integrated inside.
Though, when I play games, the bettery will start losing power until the laptop eventually shuts down (with the charger plugged in).

Jul 2, 2020
Either the charger is not producing enough power, or the battery needs to be replaced..
You have to confirm your laptop model and check if the wattage on the charger is the same as the wattage the laptop is made for running at.. (rare occurrence but possible)
if the wattage isn't the issue.. it's most likely something wrong with the battery or the charging port on your laptop's motherboard..
I suggest taking it to a laptop repair shop in either of those cases..

Solution

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
Then the biggest possibility would be a broken port.. I just looked it up on google and repairing it seems to be relatively expensive, so I think buying a light gaming laptop like the L340 would be a better choice and leaving this for light tasks like surfing the net.