[SOLVED] Laptop CPU low usage & low CPU speed ?

Huzaifaarshad

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
HI,
I am facing a problem with my Lenovo thinkpad E580 with an intel i5 8250u
I am up to date on every driver and on the latest bios provided by the manufacturer.
On Cinebench R15 test my processor stuck at 50% usage at the speed of 0.85ghz
I also checked my power plan at it is alright and at 100% at maximum usage and 5% on minimum usage
Kindly help me out in this case
Thanks in advance

Solution
Run ThrottleStop 9.4

Exit your other monitoring programs that are not telling you anything or unable to solve your problems. Start by downloading Cinebench R20.

While Cinebench R20 is running and your computer is throttling, take a screenshot of ThrottleStop with the Limit Reasons window open. Take separate screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows so I can see how you have ThrottleStop setup.

In the Options window, check PROCHOT Offset and also check the Lock PROCHOT Offset option. This is a common throttling method that Lenovo is using on many of their laptops. PROCHOT Offset should be set to 5 or less...

Huzaifaarshad

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
No,actually its not trying to go further than 50% and always runs at 0.89ghz (its base is originally 1.6ghz).
I tested with open hwinfo64 opened and there is no throttling
it seems like some this is locking it to go under-clock and i don't know what it is

Run ThrottleStop 9.4

Exit your other monitoring programs that are not telling you anything or unable to solve your problems. Start by downloading Cinebench R20.

While Cinebench R20 is running and your computer is throttling, take a screenshot of ThrottleStop with the Limit Reasons window open. Take separate screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows so I can see how you have ThrottleStop setup.

In the Options window, check PROCHOT Offset and also check the Lock PROCHOT Offset option. This is a common throttling method that Lenovo is using on many of their laptops. PROCHOT Offset should be set to 5 or less.

Hold down the Windows key and the Shift key at the same time and then press the S key to open up the Windows Snipping tool to take a screenshot. You can upload images to www.imgur.com or a similar image hosting site.

my processor stuck at 50% usage
Look at the Task Manager Details tab. That tab reports CPU usage. The Processes and Performance tab report CPU utilization. Usage and utilization are two different things so always look at the Details tab.

Solution