[SOLVED] Laptop CPU temperature

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hello,

I got a gaming laptop recently. It came with I5-11400H CPU while playing games the CPU temperature reaches up to 80-90C, is it normal for temperature to be like that? The GPU temperature goes high upto 80-85C too.

Thanks.

Solution
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.Your temperatures are in the normal range.

keep the cooling airways clear.

Your temps are actually good.
Not to worry.
@Gamdjdj
Those are normal operating temperatures while playing games on any modern laptop with an Intel CPU.

Any temperature under 100°C is a "safe operating temperature" according to Intel . That is why Intel has been setting the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C for the vast majority of their CPUs for the last 13+ years. If this was a problem, Intel would have changed the thermal throttling temperature years ago.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.Your temperatures are in the normal range.

keep the cooling airways clear.

Your temps are actually good.
Not to worry.

Solution

Ghost_1

Honorable
Jul 14, 2016
80-90C CPU temperature is normal for a laptop . I suggest you use a software like after burner or fps monitor and monitor the temperature on a regular basis . Undervolting is a great way to cool your laptop cpu without any negative impact. You can also try to disable turbo but that will reduce performance but it is still worth to give it a try .