Question Laptop died this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillies2526

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
I used my laptop earlier this morning and it was fine. The next time I went to use it it wouldn’t turn on. I plugged it in and the charging light came on for a minute then turned off. I took it apart and unplugged the battery and reconnected it. I’ve gotten it to boot to windows twice but each time the laptop dies within a couple minutes. I don’t think this a battery health issue and my battery has had no issues before. My laptop is an asus G513QY advantage edition. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be the issue and how I can fix it please let me know.

phillies2526

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
How old is that battery. The symptoms you describe are exactly those of a worn out battery. They only last 3 years at most.
Battery is 2 years old, but the laptop won’t boot while being plugged in either. I was able to use the laptop for 4 hours on battery power yesterday so I don’t think it’s the battery. Possibly a short or something?

GamerBoy357

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2016
If it's not a battery issue, it's likely a memory issue. I've seen it happen many times. You see, laptop RAM sticks are very delicate and over the time or due to some kind of impact the sticsk can get damaged and the laptop won't turn over. I'd suggest replacing the RAM or testing with a spare one to see if the laptop turns on. Do that after you've tried all the solutions the others have mentioned above regarding batteries and power failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS