Question Laptop display problem ?

RickVS

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I have an LG Gram (2019). I just installed WIndows 11 on it. All was fine for a few days. Now the display after its been on for a while starts jiggling and getting all messed up. I have to restart the laptop to recover. I updated the video driver. Still happens. I don't know if it is a hardware problem (wouldn't it be like this all of the time?) or a software problem (fresh Windows install . . .). Anyone have ideas in terms of where I go from here? Many thanks.

Jul 10, 2024
Try booting it up in Safe Mode and see if it still does it. This may narrow down if it's the video drivers that are installed in normal mode.

alternatively you can boot in diagnostic mode using MSCONFIG. Type msconfig into the windows search box and select Diagnostic mode, that loads only the basic drivers and services. This may isolate the problem. Cheers.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
I have an LG Gram (2019). I just installed WIndows 11 on it. All was fine for a few days. Now the display after its been on for a while starts jiggling and getting all messed up. I have to restart the laptop to recover. I updated the video driver. Still happens. I don't know if it is a hardware problem (wouldn't it be like this all of the time?) or a software problem (fresh Windows install . . .). Anyone have ideas in terms of where I go from here? Many thanks.
Its likely Intel's display [expletive deleted]. Turn off all Intel's panel refresh and power savings settings in graphics command center.

If you do not have Intel command center, then download it and install it.