Laptop for College/Sixth Form (Yr 12)

Cyber Lion

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Hi, I currently have a custom built desktop with pretty decent specs (as of 2014) which is still running good. Because of its continued ability to run demanding games well I've decided to not upgrade it but instead buy a laptop since I'm starting college in about a month.

With this laptop I mostly will be using Office applications and to browse the web, but I also want to use it for gaming on some light titles (CSGO, Rocket League and sometimes Overwatch). ''edit'' Since I'm using this laptop for college, I'd like it to be light, not too thick, and manoeuvrable, because of this I wouldn't want anything larger than 15". I have recently started considering a surface pro or a surface book. ''edit''
My budget is about £1200, but i don't mind saving some more and buy a better laptop in December when i'll have some more money.

So far I've narrowed it down to 3 laptops:

Dell XPS 15
pros: Well priced, Very nice screen, good specs,
cons: The 'Dell' Brand

Razer BladeStealth:
Pros: Chroma Keyboard (such a noob i know), 'Razer' Brand, Sleek and sexy, OK-ish price
Cons: Not currently available in the UK, Dual Core processor may be a bottle-neck.

MacBook Pro
Pros: Sleek and sexy, great screen, 'Apple' brand, good trackpad/clickpad (or whatever),
Cons: A bit more expensive than the rest, not massively compatible with all apps
notes: I can bootcamp it for windows only games (RL, OW), If i wait a bit longer, i can get a 2016 model with a skylake processor. I havent decided on a 13" or 15"

All feedback will be helpful and appreciated, thank you to anyone who has read my post, feel free to suggest any alternatives. :D

Cyber Lion

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Thanks so much for your quick reply!
Although I didn't mention this in the thread, I would like a laptop
that is 15" or less and not too thick and heavy. Because of this, I
wouldn't go for the MSI 17" but the ASUS ROG looks quite good and i'll
keep that in mind, thanks!