Laptop goes into sleep mode randomly while using it.

gaug90

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello,

My laptop is a Dell XPS L502x, I updated it from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it started with issues, the screen would turn black out of the blue and then it went into sleep mode, I tried several settings in power options but none worked, I resigned and then went back to windows 8.1 while doing a clean install and erasing everything from the HDD, but it is still happening! What do you suggest that I do? Is this a hardware issue, if it is what could be wrong?

I hope you can enlighten me with this, because I'm a total ignorant when it comes to hardware issues.

Regards!

leageorge

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Go to control panel > power settings> change advance settigns >
now you will able see sleep mode or hibernate option simply click on that and click on never. once you will click on never then it will not go to sleep mode.

gaug90

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello,

First, thanks for your answer, I did that change but now there's another issue.

The laptop is randomly turning its screen on and off, I could be working with it and out of the blue it turns off and after 2-5 seconds it turns on again. What could be the reason?

Regards.

gaug90

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

Hello,

Yea, apparently it was my screen, I replaced it also took the CMOS battery out, inserted it again and it worked.

Hope it works for you too.

Regards.