Laptop hooked to pc data hard drive by hdmi as slave for extra hard drive space

Sep 7, 2018
[Moderator note: moved post to Storage.]

New laptop need more space. It has 30 gig solid state and drive and windows 10 takes up almost 28 gigs leaving just enough room for security programs. I want to link the 30gig laptop to the 1TB hard drive via HDMI since I have a ton of HDMI cables.

Right now. The 30gb laptop cannot download anything except for the security software that I use, not can it download updates updates for Windows10.

Laptop needs more space. I have the extra hard drives and they are data drives. Help!

Solution
Can't do what you are trying to to. Get a larger drive, clone the existing drive to that. You can use an external USB drive but that would really only be good for storage not running programs from. HDMI is for video signals not for connecting hard drives. Unless you mean "USB".
Can't do what you are trying to to. Get a larger drive, clone the existing drive to that. You can use an external USB drive but that would really only be good for storage not running programs from. HDMI is for video signals not for connecting hard drives. Unless you mean "USB".

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

This thing probably has an SD or microSD card slot?
Get a 64GB or 120GB device, and plug it in.

I have an Asus Transformer with a similar size 32GB eMMC drive. It is mostly useless, except as a simple web browser machine.