laptop led/lcd replacement

Torney

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
So I... accidently dropped my ASUS S550CB-CJ065H laptop today and the screen cracked a bit and a bit of the laptop case, I've been calling up many laptop repair centres today and most of them are saying they can't replace the laptop screen as it is a Touch screen laptop, however I don't really use the touch screen and was wondering if the laptop would still work with just a normal LCD screen as one of the repair centres said that the laptop might not be compatible with just normal LCD screens,

JOHNN93

Honorable
led's are powered with dc and you have a led display.
a lcd for backlight has cfl lamps and needs inverter to convert dc to ac.
leds do not need this inverter because they operate with dc curent so you will need to replace with a led display not lcd.if the led display they find does not have touch they should be able to change it.it will work.

Torney

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

ok thank you for your reply :) do you know how much it should cost for a replacement?

JOHNN93

Honorable
a led display comes around 130$ if you are lucky without the instalation.
if you do not move the laptop around you can just hook it to a external display.

Torney

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

eudS7a0.jpg
this is what the laptop looks like is it just the LED that needs to be replaced?

JOHNN93

Honorable
its the panle that has been cracked led displays are lcd with led backlighting insted of cfl lamps.the backlighting is ok the screen has cracked.you might be able to find a used one at a refurbished center.it will save you some money but still the replacement does cost quite a bit.

Torney

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

wait so what exactly should i be looking to replace? the panel?

JOHNN93

Honorable
the led backlight is intergrated in the panel/monitor/display.
when you take it for a replacement tell him to try to find a led panel without the touch.he can find one using the serial number on te panel.

Torney

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

im just gonna cope with it for now and get it repaired overseas so its much more cheaper

TRENDING THREADS