Question Laptop purchase guidance

Nov 1, 2022
Greetings

I am a college dropout(commerce major). I want to focus on freelancing project work. I am interested in pursuing 3d artist career. I want a laptop for that purpose asap. My budget is low ($350) , I know I need big investment to serve at industry standard. What maybe my options? I am thinking about buying a standard laptop in the beginning which is upgradeable so that I can improvise with time and requirement. Please recommend a laptop which can be highly customizable like add ram and storage and support external graphics card etc. I am doing my research but also appreciate your help. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

a college dropout
Sorry to hear that.

pursuing 3d artist career
What apps are you going to need to achieve that goal? Depending on that, you're going to need to look for hardware on a laptop that can handle said apps.

My budget is low ($350)
Something tells me you're not going to get much or anything that's a worthwhile investment for your goals.

I am thinking about buying a standard laptop in the beginning which is upgradeable so that I can improvise with time and requirement.
Sadly, that mode of thinking has it's limitations, you can only upgrade the ram and storage on laptop's these days, meaning the processor and the GPU will be soldered onto the motherboard. The two options that are possible for upgrade won't net you much in terms of performance if you lack a discrete GPU. In essence, you need to up your budget from what I'm assuming, something akin to a 1,000USD or more for a beefy/.capable laptop.

Lastly, you should stylize your post like this;