Question Laptop Ryzen 5 chipsets and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD?

Jun 19, 2022
Okay, so I've noticed something really interesting. I've purchased three different laptops with the Ryzen 5 chipset (5500H and 5600H) and three different sets of 32GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz and 2133MHz and every single laptop, after a memory change from its stock 8GB of RAM to 32GB resulted in BSODS with a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. When I return that RAM back to its original stock 8GB the issues persists.

I analyzed memory dumps from all of these laptops (ASUS, HP and DELL) it was memory corruption from various apps. It wasn't pin-pointed to any one specific app or process. Like the computer just slowly goes out of sync until there's corruption and then poops the bed. It's especially noticeable after the computer is restored from a sleep state.

So what gives? Is there an issue with the ryzen mobile chipsets and changing ram out? I'm 3 for 3 and each laptop I got a brand new memory kit and even speeds, so it can't just be the RAM. This is really concerning. I'm about to drop Ryzen altogether for mobile CPUs if this continues. Have people run into this?

I'd love to know some insight, please let me know if you'd want to provide more info. I could provide dumps but they really don't to point to any one thing specifically. Just whatever might be running or a process that is running that becomes a target for corruption.

My latest laptop with this issue is a Dell G15 Ryzen Edition 5515 (5500H) with an RTX 3050, this one just has a 16GB kit this time. 512GB M.2, Windows 11, version 10.0.22000 Build 22000.

I also just updated everything possible with this laptop using windows update and dell's update. I'm wondering if others have run into this issue. I wish there were more specific BSOD messages, it seems PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blankets a ton of possible issues.

I ran a memtest86 for an entire day and it didn't find any issues, also a CPU burn-in test, no corruption what-so-ever. So this is very odd.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022
Another error that just got received: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
The laptop was sitting idle with nothing running. I have chkdsk running now to see if there's anything wrong with the disk in any way.
I'll check the dump file afterwards.

EDIT: chkdsk did not return with any errors. Looks like Windows 11 didn't create a dump file before restarting, so I can't traceback anything as to its cause.
I ran a memory tester too and everything turned out fine after a few hours.

I'm wondering why this is such an issue with these chipsets? I have other computers / laptops that are just fine but these Ryzen mobile 5xxxU chipsets seem to barf as soon as the ram is changed out. It hits totally at random too. So I'll be in the middle of work, there's no signs of corruption or the computer "acting funny", it just goes right to a blue screen. It could just be sitting there with no programs loaded other than what's loaded in the taskbar and the services running and it would run just fine for hours sitting there idle and then suddenly BOOM bluescreen and reboot.

Last edited:

john TJ

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2014
So you are keeping the old 8gig stick and adding more 8gig sticks to get to 32GB
Did you check the memory timing ?

Even with kits of identical speeds I've ran into Blue Screens with the same MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error .
how to tried switching slots ?

Can you put more details of the ram kits that you are adding and the kits that is already in there ,
how many slots does the board have in total ?