Question Laptop shuts down randomly, even in BIOS - - - is this a motherboard fault ?

xxaimeenshafiq

Honorable
Apr 27, 2018
So recently just 1 month ago my laptop suddenly started to randomly shutting down, while i was doing works,gaming or browsing.

it wasnt common yet maybe once a week so i let it passed but now after 2 weeks, it has become more and more often to the point of 10 times a day and right now it wont even boot to windows.

i removed everything and changed the ram and let it boot to bios, it stayed up for 5 min and it shutdown like it lost power.this can happen if i plugged in or not. it then power cycle 5-10 time until it boot to bios and repeat again.

is this laptop done for? i bought it refurbished 2 years ago and its already an old laptop by that time.If its expensive to repair i might just buy a new one.

Spec:
i7-4710MQ
GTX 850M
16GB DRR3 (8GBX2)
256GB Sandisk SSD
500GB WD HDD

LAPTOP HASEE CW65S06

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Very likely that a power component on your laptop is causing the shutdown or your processors overheating and triggering a thermal protection.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? Are the rams in your laptop out of a kit? Try with one stick of ram and see if the laptop's behavior changes.

Reactions: xxaimeenshafiq

xxaimeenshafiq

Honorable
Apr 27, 2018
Very likely that a power component on your laptop is causing the shutdown or your processors overheating and triggering a thermal protection.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? Are the rams in your laptop out of a kit? Try with one stick of ram and see if the laptop's behavior changes.
thank you for your replies, im not sure of the laptop SKU as its from china called HASEE maybe its CW65S06.

as for the ram ive done that, changing the slot as its dual slot and its the same thing.

TRENDING THREADS