Question Laptop shutting off on AC Power

Mar 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have been having this problem for a while with my school laptop, and the occurrences are becoming more frequent and therefore I am losing more progress on my work. It is becoming increasingly annoying and inconvenient, and I need a fix.

A little background info, I have a LEADER SC-326 Ultrabook that I got on December 2017. The battery has never been very good, and this problem started happening around August of 2018. The battery has been replaced before, although that had little impact on the occurrences.

What is actually happening is when I'm using the laptop on AC Power (plugged in), it will randomly cut the display output and the sound output, although the computer will still be running. It also cuts the HDMI output to a secondary monitor. The only thing I can do at this point is force power off. I have even tried setting the power button action to hibernate, although when I boot back into Windows 10, none of my programs are restored.

It works fine running on battery power (although not for very long), and also fine with the battery removed but my parents prefer me not pulling down computers even though it is something I really enjoy doing 😕

If any of you have insight on this issue, please reply to this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.