[SOLVED] Laptop slowed down sometimes, suddently after using Razer Cortex (msi gf63 laptop)

Apr 15, 2020
Hello, the other day I was trying to increase my laptop performance and used that software in order to do it, turns out it slowed my whole windows down from time to time, while gaming.

The weird thing is, its not always, but sometimes, when I open games like cs:go, the computer wont give any signs of live, giving me like 20-30 fps, nothing to do with v-sync or nvidia v-sync, meaning that it seems like the game isnt utilizing the computer resources properly anymore, doesnt make the fan noise that it used to make, sometimes the fans actually pick up speed for gaming and performance is decent (about 100 fps, worse than it was before tho at around 180 fps).

The day prior to installing the software I had no issues with performance.

No, its not a heating issue.

No, this isnt any battery performance setting, since its random when the computer start performing decently or not, happening with both it plugged or unplugged, from what I know at least.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Solution
If you use the "restore to Windows default" option in Razer, do things to back to normal?

If all else fails you can back up anything recent and run a restore point from before you installed this software.
Apr 15, 2020
If you use the "restore to Windows default" option in Razer, do things to back to normal?

If all else fails you can back up anything recent and run a restore point from before you installed this software.
They didnt go back to normal, i restored then uninstalled it, probably only solution will be restore point

TRENDING THREADS