[SOLVED] Laptop Touch Screen Issue

May 20, 2021
I replaced a touchscreen on my laptop recently and when I booted it up I noticed that the screen positioning was off and there was a large section on the right magnified strip. I have checked all graphics card options, drivers and OEM Options still to no avail. Before I purchase another screen and rule it down to faulty component, I thought I would put it out to the world to see if a missing something simple.

May 20, 2021
Hi yeah I used the exact serial number of the back of the damaged screen. Definitely touch screen as the functionality still works.

Silly Question I'm new to using this forum is there a way to post pick straight from my machine?

May 20, 2021
That's a good news, did you try to reconnect the cable a couple of time to see if something changes?

A good photo is worth a thousand words.

That's a good news, did you try to reconnect the cable a couple of time to see if something changes?

A good photo is worth a thousand words.
is there a way to post a picture stai
You can upload your images here then copy-paste the image link in the post

Upload images
View: https://imgur.com/undefined
many thanks

May 20, 2021
It seems that the screen has suffered some external pressure for an extended period of time, either in the warehouse or during the shipment.

Try to run the screen at max brightness for a while and use a wet tissue to clean it from time to time in a circular pattern to see if the situation improves.
will give it a go for sure but if all else fails I suppose a new screen will be the next step.