[SOLVED] Laptop using Intel Graphics not my nvidia Gpu

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
hello,
I have a question that when I run Premiere pro(mostly) or other Adobe program such as Ae , when I export ,the laptop uses 100% of my intel UHD graphics but almost none of my 2070 gpu.
Is there any reason or a way to slove this?
My Premiere pro settings are all on Mercury CUDA and I have tried disabling the Intel UHD graphics,but then my computer just started not letting me see videos on the laptop (starts heavy lagging) , only after re able the intel graphics then I can watch videos.
I'm not sure is it because when the video is rendering it uses Cpu not Gpu? But on normal cases like playing games it eats alot of intel graphic but little , almost none of my 2070 Gpu.
Thank you.
https://ibb.co/5THwd2C (my 95% intel graphic when I'm, exporting at Premiere pro)

Solution
You need to go to "3D Settings" in Nvidia Control Panel and there you set up which games or applications you want to always use the Nvidia GPU.

Everything else will use the weaker Intel GPU in order to conserve battery power when it isn't necessary to use the more demanding Nvidia one.

You should never disable the Intel GPU, Windows needs it.
You need to go to "3D Settings" in Nvidia Control Panel and there you set up which games or applications you want to always use the Nvidia GPU.

Everything else will use the weaker Intel GPU in order to conserve battery power when it isn't necessary to use the more demanding Nvidia one.

Reactions: Bardebay
Solution

Bardebay

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016

Thank you so much sir!
I have that settings set for Nvidia already,I'm sorry that I didn't say that.
Here is the picture of it,It's in chinese so probally you wont understand but the settings are set in [High proformance Nvidia gpu] something like that.
https://ibb.co/1qM38dr
here's the setting