Question Laptop won't turn on after shutting down

Sep 4, 2022
I bought an Asus TUF F15 (2022) i7-12700H + 3060 recently and have been using it for around two weeks now. Had no visible issues but yesterday (about 12 hours ago) I shut down the laptop after using it for a while (temps did hit 80-85°C) and when I went to turn it back on again it was dead. There were no lights blinking, the power button did nothing (I tried pressing it for 40s+) and plugging the AC adapter in didn't change anything. I left it as is overnight and when I checked on it today morning I noticed that the lower left portion, right below the keyboard, (possibly the CPU) was slightly warmer.

Thanks for taking out the time to read this, I'd appreciate it if anyone who has been in such a situation or knows what might be wrong could give some advice. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to visit the service center for another few days.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I noticed that the lower left portion, right below the keyboard
That's where the ram and (one of two)M.2 SSD mounting locations are.

If the laptop is brand new, you should RMA it, after contacting Asus support. It shouldn't be doing what you said out of the box. You shouldn't be opening up a laptop for a brand new unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Sep 4, 2022

If the laptop is brand new, you should RMA it, after contacting Asus support. It shouldn't be doing what you said out of the box. You shouldn't be opening up a laptop for a brand new unit.
Yeah, it's brand new. I'll be contacting support soon. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2022

Woke up today and the lower left wasn't warm anymore. Tried to switch it on and it worked, battery dropped to 38% from the 90% it was at when it stopped working. Boot did take significantly longer. Normally, it flashes a few colors on the keyboard and then proceeds to show the Asus logo, this time it was stuck on the last color for a nice 10-15s maybe. Nothing unusual happened after that though.

Would you happen to have any clue as to what may have happened?

Sep 4, 2022
And it's dead again. It was working even after shutting down but when I shut it down and put it on charge the light went off in a while after which the laptop just won't turn on again.