Latest Windows 7 Leak Claims to be RTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"The taskbar looks really ugly in this pic."

I believe that is because the "transparent glass" visual effect is disabled for some reason. If you have the RC you can disable/enable it system settings; not sure how to do it in Vista.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I find it interesting how many new bot nets have popped up this year. I also find it interesting that the recent attacks were done with some of these bot nets. I wonder how they are growing so fast.

I wonder.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]I find it interesting how many new bot nets have popped up this year. I also find it interesting that the recent attacks were done with some of these bot nets. I wonder how they are growing so fast. I wonder.[/citation]
it may be that ppl just can't be bothered or forget to re-install their virus scanner as they move to the win7 RC, also that look is what you get when aero isn't on, this happens from time to time when programs you run aren't compatible with it, or just wan't it turned off for maximum performance.

NYCGPS

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]Its windows, its gonna look ugly[/citation]

so your mom looks ugly ?

cuz you look ugly.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Yea odds are that picture is a screen shot of a build installed on a virtual machine and the Virtual graphics card doesnt support Aero. Notice how the Winver window also has the blue frame instead of the glass frame.

that_aznpride101

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
Despite this warning from Microsoft, that's not gonna prevent stupid people trying to download "official" copies of Windows 7....and get viruses on their computers.

danielkza

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
[citation][nom]aspireonelover[/nom]I guess it's real. My guess. No offense or anything, but I think M$ kinda BSed on that stuff.[/citation]
Don't you think MS would shout for as most people as possible that the RTM is out? This is a major milestone after years of work, I can't see any reason why they would hide this. (Don't you think OEMs and other companies would have said something if they had the RTM version by now?)

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
There is a simple way to know if it is a real retail final. That is you must get choose edition dialog when install it. So far I didn't find the dialog in build 16384 (last digit is four not five).

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
There is a simple way to know if it is a real retail final. That is you must get choose edition dialog when install it. So far I didn't find the dialog in build 16384 (last digit is four not five).

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]liemfukliang[/nom]There is a simple way to know if it is a real retail final. That is you must get choose edition dialog when install it. So far I didn't find the dialog in build 16384 (last digit is four not five).[/citation]
Maybe I am wrong, but wont the edition be based on the product key you use? I figure users enter the product key and the instillation automatically knows what edition to assign them too. So there is no point in asking the user what edition they have. Its been a long time since I installed Vista, so maybe I'm wrong.

G

Could just be that the computer was off but the date in the picture (on the computer) is 7/12 and the file name indicated that it was built on 7/13...

G

Maybe it is just the date on the computer being off but the date on the pic is the 12th and the file name indicates the 13th...

Status
Not open for further replies.