Latitude CPx's won't see HDD

I salvaged three Latidude CPx's from the local recycler, not bad for $10
each "As-Is". They all three have EXACTLY the same symptom: They won't
recognize that a hard drive is installed. (And I'm trying it with a Hard
drive and Caddy that works in a known-good CPx.) Everything else seems
to work. But the HDD doesn't even try to spin up, as if it's just not
getting power.

On one of them, I've taken the motherboard out and looked at the area
around the HDD connector with an 8x Jeweler's Loupe, I don't see
anything obviously amiss like burnt spots or broken traces.

Is there a common component hidden somewhere (like maybe a resistor or
picofuse) that tends to go bad on the CPx's and knock out the Hard Drive
?

- FM -

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Not that I,m aware of usually we just replace the systemboard