[SOLVED] Launching Facebook causes internet to disconnect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Hello,

When I launch Facebook site, my internet disconnects. It's strange issue that I've never heard of,
I've tested this thoroughly since It started yesterday.
It took me awhile testing various other much more likely causes before I discovered that when I go to facebook.com within a few seconds, the internet connection on my PC stops.
When I browse normally without using facebook the internet is Fine, Once facebook opens the internet is gone "even tho the internet accses icon on the taskbar dosn't show that there is an issue, it actually shows that there is internet accses'',
The only way to reconnect to the internet is to restart the PC.

*I've tried cleaning browsing cache and cookies,
*Running a malwarebytes full scan, Full Avast virus Scan " both took around 12 hours '',
*Removing and Re-Installing the browser,
*Trying other broswers all same expect for Microsoft Edge where the internet doesn't disconnect but facebook doesn't run smoothly "for example when scrolling down through pages or news feed pages doesn't fully load",
*Disabling Malwarebytes and Avast Anti-Virus before opening Facebook,
*I don't have any parental control options and haven't changed anything in the router,

Any ideas on where to start to troubleshoot what's going on here and how to solve?

Note that this Issue has been posted here 3 years ago by another user but it didn't show if it was resolved or not:

Thanks

Sep 3, 2021
Exact same issues with Facebook. Also using Avast and scans found nothing
Good to know That I am not the only one,
Avast might be the reason but how? I Just updated my Avast yesterday after the issue occured hoping that it would solve it, but it didn't, I also tried to open facebook without running Avast active protection shields but the result was the same.

Reactions: nescience2
Sep 4, 2021
UPDATE : It's seems it is Avast related issue.
I have the premium suite (includes Firewall, VPN, Cleaner and Antitrack).
Shutting off (just) the shields, don't change anything.

So, i went in Task Manager and ended all Avast processes it lets you (you cannot end Avast Antivirus itself), and Facebook worked.

Now to find which one process is to blame. . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: AliTokarev
Sep 4, 2021
Shutting off shields, don't change anything.

So, i went in Task Manager and ended all Avast processes it lets you (you cannot end Avast Antivirus itself), and Facebook worked.

Sep 4, 2021
I was able to launch Chrome in the Avast Sandbox without the internet disconnect issue. I then turned off all notifications within Facebook. It no longer causes the internet disconnect but I still suspect the issue resides with how Avast handles the notifications feature in Facebook.

Sep 3, 2021
Shutting off (just) the shields, don't change anything.

Finally!
So I've been trying Shutting off all Avast processes, and all didn't work expect for Antitrack,
So apparently Antitrack is causing all of this fuss, I've tried adding Facebook as an allowed site in Antitrack but it's the same and the only way to avoid this issue is to close Antitrack before opening Facebook and then running it again after closing Facebook,
Of course it's a temporary course of action until Avast solves this issue,
I will report the Issue to Avast Antitrack and hopfully anyone who have the same issue will do the same so it can be noticed by them and solved.

Reactions: Falconakias
Sep 4, 2021
Finally!
So I've been trying Shutting off all Avast processes, and all didn't work expect for Antitrack,
So apparently Antitrack is causing all of this fuss, I've tried adding Facebook as an allowed site in Antitrack but it's the same and the only way to avoid this issue is to close Antitrack before opening Facebook and then running it again after closing Facebook,
Of course it's a temporary course of action until Avast solves this issue,
I will report the Issue to Avast Antitrack and hopfully anyone who have the same issue will do the same so it can be noticed by them and solved.

I confirm that Avast Antitrack is the guilty app and quitting before you open FB solves the problem.
Nice job AliTokarev 😉👍

Sep 3, 2021
I confirm that Avast Antitrack is the guilty app and quitting before you open FB solves the problem.
Nice job AliTokarev 😉👍
Well, I wouldn't have thought about doing that without your comment so thank you as well :) .
I was contacted By Avast Support and apparently they are aware of the issue and are working on it, they directed me to uninstall Avast Antitrack until the new update releases, but I will keep it anyways and just close it before opening FB.

Reactions: Falconakias
Sep 8, 2021
We are usually here for you. Whether it's the sunlight hours or night, you may always contact our www.smmcrown/pk/ help system. Furthermore, due to the fact that our SMM panel offerings are used by various humans round the world, our assist crew will help you out at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.