Lav Mic Boya By-m1 not working on windows 10(realtek)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCarax

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2016
Hi,

I recently bought a lavalier mic called Boya by-m1 but I can't get it to work.
When I plug it in, realtek recognizes it and asks me what I plugged in. I select "mic."
I can see it under the sound tab :

58ha7R3.jpg

But it doesn't work for some reason.

I plugged it in my iphoneSE and I was able to record some stuff. Seems to work, albeit its recording volume is pretty low(at least on iphone).

Is there an additional step to make it work on PC ?

Thanks.

Solution
BTW, I found an old Mic I had, very cheap desk mount mic. And it works without a problem. So it isn't a windows related issue at this point. There is definitely something wrong with the lavalier mic.

Colif

Win 11 Master
where are you plugging it in? front connector or backplate?

Have a look in realtek hd audio manager and open options, check the settings for Recording device as one combines the channels and if you have something attached in front and back it may be combining both devices into one channel

try running the recording audio troubleshooter (see settings/update & security/troubleshoot)

JCarax

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2016

I plugged it on the front connector. But plugging it on the rear made no difference.

Running the troubleshooter only asked me to enable nvdia hd sound(which I disabled priorly). I enabled it and it didn't do anything.

When I flip the mic switch I hear a brief pitch sound from the speakers. I highly doubt there is a physical problem with the mic.

I couldn't find anything related to recording device under the options on hd audio manager.

JCarax

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2016

Sadly the vid doesn't help, his mic seems to be working already as evident by the green bars.

Also there seems to be a problem with the set up speech recognition part, as when I click on configure it says "Speech recognition is not supported in the current language " or something along those lines. I don't know if thats the same error in english as I'm getting mine in Turkish.

That might be causing the problem.

JCarax

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2016

I was able to get speech recognition to work by choosing a different display language and installing its components, but the mic still doesn't work.
So its either the sound card or the mic itself. Don't think it is windows related at this point.

JCarax

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2016
BTW, I found an old Mic I had, very cheap desk mount mic. And it works without a problem. So it isn't a windows related issue at this point. There is definitely something wrong with the lavalier mic.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.