Status
Not open for further replies.

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Hello guys, I have an old mobo MSI K9n6sgm-v . Athlon 64 dual core 4200+ processor. 4gb ram. And a 40gb ide HD.
I ve tryed to install win 7 64 bit from a multi OS dvd rom. But when finish the unpacking and copying the files to the HD on the boot up giles me the 0xc00000255 error.the dvd rom has allegado the win 7 versión both x64 and x86. But no material wish x64 I try it giles that error.BUT when I install any of the x86 OS they install fine!.Im doing fresh installs and formating the drive. Ive also tryed to make a boot usb whit rufus and the iso image of that OS and I get an 0x000000f error just when I choose the type of install.
Any ideas?

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
From where did you get your installation media?

Are you trying to perform a full, clean installation or an upgrade from a previous installation?
Its an old dvd I got. I never had problema whit it útil now on that hardware. Since I just use it to install on another computer and the x64 install worked fine. Tryed severa times whit no errors. That computer is not dual core and even have half of the memory (2gb ) and yes I always made a fresh install formating the drive. May be the system is not handlying de 4gb well?

USAFRet

Titan
Its an old dvd I got. I never had problema whit it útil now on that hardware. Since I just use it to install on another computer and the x64 install worked fine. Tryed severa times whit no errors. That computer is not dual core and even have half of the memory (2gb ) and yes I always made a fresh install formating the drive. May be the system is not handlying de 4gb well?
An old DVD that is read in DVD drive A may fail to read in DVD drive B.
I've had that happen.

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
i'd try a fresh iso download from microsoft. most likely your old dvd is corrupt which is messing up the install.

this will get it directly from ms download site and go around the need to put a key in to get it

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

then use rufus to make a fresh usb installer. hopefully that fixes whatever is messed up in your dvd
The dvd is just fine. After failling over and over on that computer, I decided to use that dvd to format and install win 7 x64 on another different computer and it worked. I did a fee times to make sureste the dvd rom is working. So it is the sometido strange cause on the trouble computer it only letras me install any of the x86 versións. Oh and I tryed to make the usb booteable whit that and gives error after I select the OS versión on the boot screen.

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Another things I just found out...the original Bios versión is 1.0 But on the post screen shows 1.6 so the last owner must have flash it. Also 2 of the usb ports are Dead. So Im on debate of flashing to the original Bios ver. And hope I wont die. Or just let it be whit x86 OS.

cityhunter357

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Still think you should try a newly made USB.
Ive tryed fresh New usb stick But it wont past the system selection. At least whit the dvd drive it le me choose the system then format and install. But whit the usb it barely boots and crashes. The same usb stick that crashes in this motherboard, it worked fine on the other computer. So is not the usb stick and is not the dvd rom. It is the motherboard or the bios. And I just found out it has an updated version in it. The motherboard says 1.0 But the post shows 1.6. So the last owner May have flash it and screwed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.