Leadtek Winfast TV2000 Conflicts?

treidenb

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
I am looking at buying a new tuner card, but I haven't heard much about this AVerMedia brand. The model I am looking at purchasing (AVerTV Studio) has 1) Stereo 2) Scheduled Recording and 3) Remote. It also has a few other nice options. I've seen it priced at only $65, and I don't want to pay much more than this for something different. Does anyone suggest any other tv-tuners with the same three features above that may work better?

Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI for recording tv and want to upgrade my video card, so I'll have to upgrade my tv-tuner as well.

Thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by treidenb on 05/13/02 03:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

treidenb

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2001
Thanks.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Leadtek model in this forum, but I was searching the web and found a review where the average ratings were 2.0/5.0 and I didn't know why they differed so much. It sounded like most of the people had trouble with the drivers. So I wanted to know if anyone was having problems with the Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP while using a Radeon 7500 or higher under Win2k?

The website was for that article was http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.cgi?DISP?1903

If I am planning on using a tv-tuner with a Radeon 7500 or better, would I just be better off getting an All-In-Wonder model instead?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by treidenb on 05/13/02 03:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>