[SOLVED] League of Legend caused BSOD

Ishit Arya

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
I just experienced BSOD (blue screen of death) while running league. League client had widespread issue of users not being able to login yesterday but they fixed that issue after a hour or 2. That same issue happened to me today and after restarting client multiple times it later caused bsod. After restarting my PC, both league client fixed itself and I never got BSOD while running league.

Should i be worried? What caused BSOD?

This is what bluescreenviewer says
Screenshot_2020-11-26_182914.png

Solution
Thanks for the reply! My CPU is Ryzen 2600x and its running on stock clock. I don't think overheating caused bsod either since i'm running watercooler.

edit-
How to find kernel memory dump?

it is just a setting. best to google how to set up a kernel memory dump
and it will show how to make the setting, reboot and your next dump will be in the new location and be a file called memory.dmp
kernel dumps show what is running on all of the CPU cores as well as what is going on with the USB subsystem (depending on the vendor)
This bug check indicates some hardware did not respond within the timeout period. In this case it was likely one CPU core not responding to another CPU core. Since the short time out period in parameter 1. This would happen if CPU clock frequencies were not quite right. A cause could be overclocking software, Intel speedstep tweaking CPU frequencies, overheating of the CPU would also be a cause. There could be other causes but you would need a kernel memory dump to figure it out. Also, I am not sure if Microsoft changed the meaning of the parameters since parameter 4 should normally been zero.

Ishit Arya

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
This bug check indicates some hardware did not respond within the timeout period. In this case it was likely one CPU core not responding to another CPU core. Since the short time out period in parameter 1. This would happen if CPU clock frequencies were not quite right. A cause could be overclocking software, Intel speedstep tweaking CPU frequencies, overheating of the CPU would also be a cause. There could be other causes but you would need a kernel memory dump to figure it out. Also, I am not sure if Microsoft changed the meaning of the parameters since parameter 4 should normally been zero.

Thanks for the reply! My CPU is Ryzen 2600x and its running on stock clock. I don't think overheating caused bsod either since i'm running watercooler.

edit-

edit-

it is just a setting. best to google how to set up a kernel memory dump
and it will show how to make the setting, reboot and your next dump will be in the new location and be a file called memory.dmp
kernel dumps show what is running on all of the CPU cores as well as what is going on with the USB subsystem (depending on the vendor)

Solution