League Of Legends Performance, Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprises here, LoL is a very resource light game. I can run it on all medium settings on my old Pentium 4 3.2ghz with a AGP Radeon 3850 @ 1440x900 resolution with more than playable frame rates. The only issue is initial stutter at at the very start of a match that and long loading times. (however, I only use that machine when I have 3 or more players at my house)

LoL may not be the prettiest game out there, but it is a lot of fun.

Interesting side note : When I was trying this on my HD4000 instead of my HD7950, when the drops under 50FPS become a HUGE hindrance in teamfights, to the point of extreme frustration.

This is one of those games when the smallest stutter can grind your bones to dust.

So you REALLY want a near-constant 60FPS for this one.

Anypony disagree???

rdc85

Honorable
"...though the GeForce 210 does exceed 15 ms in our subsequent frame latency variance chart..."

U got the chart wrong? is the 210 and 6450 swiched ?

[EDITOR: Yes, we got it mixed up. Thanks for the note, fixed! - Don]

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
[citation][nom]JJ1217[/nom]Yeah.. no one cares. Everyone knows you can basically run it on any rig.[/citation]

It would have been more interesting to see it tested on the oldest possible computers.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
They should have also run benchmarks on the new Howling Abyss map. It seems to be much more detailed, and some people have reported FPS problems with it.

kettu

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Page 4 title says 'low details' but the graph says 'highest detail'.

I suppose this time CPU latency numbers don't matter that much since it's such a light load. But I still want to take this opportunity to ask for them in the future articles when there is a heavier load and differences between FPS scores.

By the way, interesting how the iGPUs perform against faster Radeon cards in latency measurements. Would you add the desktop chips for the next review alongside the mobile?

[strike]Just one question. Since the GT 630 seems to be an excellent choice with such low frame rates at high settings @ 1080p, what kind of memory had your sample? Was DDR3 or GDDR5?[/strike] I just foud the answer that is GDDR5, which is 40% more expensive here (DDR3 = 50 euro, GDDR5 = 70 euro). :/

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
This is the most popular game in the world right now? I don't get it.

Shame on all of you for supporting the pay to win model. You are going to ruin gaming, and your bank accounts.

Kindredsouls

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Grandmastersexsay[/nom]This is the most popular game in the world right now? I don't get it. Shame on all of you for supporting the pay to win model. You are going to ruin gaming, and your bank accounts.[/citation]

Except its not pay to win. Skins are the only item in the game that must be purchased with money. Everything else that you need to buy is purchased with Influence Points, which you get by playing matches.

gonchuki

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Heroes of Newerth is the true spiritual successor to the original DotA. I don't get all the millions of people that play a watered down version of the genre in LoL. It's true that it's easier, to the point that I have always been an average DotA/HoN player (0.9 - 1.0 kdr) but I totally steamroll people on LoL unless they are doing some cheesy strategy.

Wow you are misinformed, paying does not give you ANY advantage, its only superficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.