[SOLVED] League of Legends says that I have packet loss, but I don't feel it?

Jul 13, 2021
Sorry if this question doesn't make sense, but let me explain.
League of Legends shows that I have packet loss.
But it's not noticeable, I tried Rocket League, and it had 0 issues (No packet loss warning), watching videos are fine, but this stat in League does kinda bother me in a weird way. Why does it show packet loss, when everything seems fine. Is it even possible to show it without me actually experiencing it?
Pingplotter also seems to confirm that I have no packet loss, and a constant ping toward Google DNS also has 0 packet loss even when I should have had packet loss according to League's log reader.
Any explanation/insight would e appreciated

Solution
It sounds like "YOU" do not have packet loss. If we believe the tool there is packet loss between you and the server that is testing. This is where many testing tools are flawed.

The path between you and different servers on the internet can be different. Even different servers in the same data center can sometimes be different.

Just because one has issues does not mean there is a problem with your network. In some cases it can the server companies ISP or some other ISP in the path.

You can do nothing about anything like this anyway since it is not something you have any control over. This is why you test with multiple tools to confirm the problem and help isolate it. You can realistically only fix things in your...

Ralston18

Titan
If you "do not feel it" then ignore it.

Consider the "specs" and warnings as negliable.

Who knows what "forces" are at play and may otherwise be trying to induce you into some sort of scam.

Just ensure that you have all of your important data backed up and proven recoverable.

The problem may not even be League of Legends per se.

Could be some interim "Man in the Middle" scam or trap.

One rain drop does not make a flood.

But there are those who wish to make you to believe so and thus wish to sell you boots....

And packet loss - actually may truly not be noticeable. The networks often detect and correct similar problems.

Simply my thoughts on the matter......

Jul 13, 2021
If you "do not feel it" then ignore it.

Consider the "specs" and warnings as negliable.

Who knows what "forces" are at play and may otherwise be trying to induce you into some sort of scam.

Just ensure that you have all of your important data backed up and proven recoverable.

The problem may not even be League of Legends per se.

Could be some interim "Man in the Middle" scam or trap.

One rain drop does not make a flood.

But there are those who wish to make you to believe so and thus wish to sell you boots....

And packet loss - actually may truly not be noticeable. The networks often detect and correct similar problems.

Simply my thoughts on the matter......
It is not a scam for sure, I'm using Riot's log reading tool, and network logs to visualize the network quality.

But if you say so that it's ok, then I believe you

It sounds like "YOU" do not have packet loss. If we believe the tool there is packet loss between you and the server that is testing. This is where many testing tools are flawed.

The path between you and different servers on the internet can be different. Even different servers in the same data center can sometimes be different.

Just because one has issues does not mean there is a problem with your network. In some cases it can the server companies ISP or some other ISP in the path.

You can do nothing about anything like this anyway since it is not something you have any control over. This is why you test with multiple tools to confirm the problem and help isolate it. You can realistically only fix things in your house and to a point get your ISP to fix things in their network.

You have to be very careful about games, they many times will blame the network for any kind of delay even if it is say in video processing.

Solution
Jul 13, 2021

You can do nothing about anything like this anyway since it is not something you have any control over. This is why you test with multiple tools to confirm the problem and help isolate it. You can realistically only fix things in your house and to a point get your ISP to fix things in their network.

You have to be very careful about games, they many times will blame the network for any kind of delay even if it is say in video processing.
Yes, it's certainly a problem with their lines, but it's still weird nonetheless that it shows I have it, but in actuality I don't.