Jul 21, 2019
CPU : Intel Core i5 - 8400 @ 2.80 and 2.81 ghz
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z370 HD3
RAM : Nameless 8 GB
SSD : 256 GB, jut the OS in there
HDD : 1 TB
GPU : GTX 1050Ti
Chasis : No brand

Dell S2340L Monitor connected via HDMI to a GTX 1050Ti randomly goes dark (dialog box that says No signal comes on) and comes back on.

I'm pretty sure its not power surges and I've disconnected and reconnected the cables.

If it becomes too much, I turn off the monitor for a minute and turn it back on then it works fine for 20 minutes or so and then the off/on drama starts all over again.

No money to buy a new monitor and I love this one, please help.

First post here, forgive any mistakes. (Thank you Lutfij for the suggestions)

Edit 1: the turn off-on process takes 2 to 3 seconds at most. too long to get used to, too short to get fired up about. its been a full month before i was motivated enough to post this.

Edit 2: Have already run the Dell diagnostic test for the screen, the Self check (STFC) went fine, the Monitor Built-in Self Test (BIST) didn't.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019
Thank you so much for reaching out.

Done.

Have been in the BIOS for about 10 minutes now and no flickers. Have to say that this doesn't happen ALL THE TIME. There are good times where it goes whole days without acting up, then sometimes I just have to stop working, shut down the computer and go outside.

Also, because the blackout last for 2-3 secs to 10-15 secs, they aren't exactly flickers per se.

Hopefull,
Prashant

Jul 21, 2019
Thank you so much for reaching out.

Done.

Have been in the BIOS for about 10 minutes now and no flickers. Have to say that this doesn't happen ALL THE TIME. There are good times where it goes whole days without acting up, then sometimes I just have to stop working, shut down the computer and go outside.

Also, because the blackout last for 2-3 secs to 10-15 secs, they aren't exactly flickers per se.

Hopefull,
Prashant
New update, no blackout but lines flickering, the same sort you get on a wireless TV when the signal is weak.
Also, the bios is this red gimmicky thing from gigabyte, not the blue one I was expecting.

Jul 21, 2019
Always list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Next, see if you can go into BIOS and remain there without experiencing any flickers or visual blackouts.

Hi Lutfij,
Am replying from mobile.

Should I exit the BIOS now? No blackouts, except the disturbances I mentioned above.