Question LED Projector Bulb for Hyundai Veloster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanditeSpartan

Honorable
Sep 6, 2014
Hello car enthusiasts, I am having a headlight dilemma on what I should do.
A few months ago, I bought a brand new headlight assembly that went from the basic reflectors, to projector lenses. I only put in high-performance halogens for both hi and low beams. Although I do like my new projector lenses, I have always wanted to install LED's for my headlamps, but I don't know how effective and reliable they would be in the projector housing. I am about to embark on a long road trip from Washington to Oklahoma and I'd like to make sure that my night time driving is nicely illuminated. I have always loved the light output of LED's.
I drive a 2014 Hyundai Veloster, base model. The new assembly can only house H1 bulbs so I know I need those types, but how well would LED's work with this? And if so, what LED's would be best?
The headlight assembly I currently have installed: https://www.carid.com/2014-hyundai-...d-projector-drl-bar-headlights-470347636.html

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
I have tried a few with Good and Bad results. (in different housings). I would try These: Amazon, Prime, returns. The problem you might find is because most LED headlights will only have the led's on 2 sides, so the pattern will be weird. You will probably lose your brights. unless those are a separate bulb, not familiar with those aftermarket housings. And third, just the bulbs you might lose the use of your FM radio due to the rf the lights put out.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
You don’t typically put LEDs in a projector housing. Thats why most of them are just retrofit kits...

Might I suggest HID instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.